Tips for better digestion
Published Nov. 10, 2021, 3:37 p.m. by Jagdeep singh
Dietary changes can be quite taxing on your tummy. As your body acclimates to raw fruits, veggies, and tender greens, bloating, gas, and indigestion may strike.
These tummy troubles can put you in a bummer mood and ruin your day really fast. Try these tips to help you feel light and energetic all day long:
1. De-vein your Romaine lettuce. Separate each leaf. Then, pull the green leafy part away from the tough, crunchy vein.
2. Slowly build up to eating more greens, and make sure they are the tender leafy kind. Romaine, iceberg, bib, green leaf, and red leaf are smart choices. Don't stuff yourself trying to eat the recommended amount right away.
3. "Chew well, for the stomach has no teeth." Chew those leafy greens especially well. This practice allows your salivary enzymes to begin the process of digestion. This practice takes a bit of the burden off of your stomach.
4. Gradually build up to eating more whole fruits at one sitting. During transition, make more smoothies by blending one or two types of fruit with water. Simple smoothies digest quite easily.
5. Stop eating at least three hours before you go to sleep. Digestion slows down at rest.
6. Move your body. Take a walk or strike a few yoga poses. Exercise stimulates digestion.
7. Pay attention to food combining: Don't mix fats - eat only one type of fat per day